Saturday, October 25, 2008

YEA....PICTURES AT LAST....

I'm so excited that I finally have internet regularly and can now post some pictures. So I will update on the last couple of weeks. First, since I have never been too upbeat about moving to St. George, one thing that I really loved is in the first place I lived down here there was an amazing view of the sunset every night, so here is some pictures, though, it doesn't do it justice, it truly is beautiful.





Ok, so last week was semester break, which was really exciting for me because for some reason BYU never had it and it was a very needed break from work and school. One of the main reasons I went home though was for a wedding for my MTC comp, Alese up in Logan, which I have come to fall in love with.

P.S. Those sunglasses I'm wearing are from my mission and are totally broken and hanging on their last legs so I broke down and went and bought a new pair inbetween the sealing and the luncheon but they are still hanging in my car, I couldn't throw them away, total memorabilla(not sure how to spell that word).


So here I am at the logan temple which looks out over the whole city, it really is one of the most beautiful cities in Utah, I totally fell in love.




Here I am with the happy bride. The sealer was one of the most amazing sealers I have ever heard. He seemed to know exactly what to say that perfectly applied to them. It was such a wonderful ceremony and so full of the spirit.
























Next I was lucky to be able to have a little breakfast with the pals! It may look like I had just gotten up, but it was 10 o'clock in the morning and I was still in my PJ's, and I spent the whole rest of the day in my PJ's, It was wonderful since I haven't done that for who knows how long. I love being able to get together with my friends, I miss seeing you girls, I LOVE YOU!!!

We also had a little birthday celebration for my little nephew Trevin. He turned 9 and boy is he getting old way too fast. He got some good gifts, including the cool game battleship.

















He didn't want a cake so he got moon pies, which are pretty much huge, glorified oreos, which are pretty yummy. Here we are playing a pretty intense game of battleship which I of course won and then he was teased by the other nieces and nephews that he lost to a girl, poor little guy!!


Here we are having a little cuddle time in the recliner!




Such a kissable, little, bony face!! Isn't he so cute!



Here is little Garrin wanting to help me win Trevin at battleship, not much of helper though!

Hangin with the nieces and nephews is my fav!!




Cuddlin' with little hunt man!

So that was pretty much my week at home, hanging with the fam and seeing friends. I don't have any pictures, but I did go and visit my little friends on the 5th floor and many of them weren't there, but some were and boy do I miss you guys!!! LOVE YOU ALL!!

So, I will have another picture or two of this but this morning I did this thing for the nursing program called "The Flu Shoot Out." I think they do this since so many retired folk live down here. We gather at a huge parking lot and people just pull up and we give them there flu vaccinations in their cars, they don't even have to get out, roadside service. It was pretty fun. I did it out in Hurricane, which until this morning I had never had the privilege of visiting that cute little town. So here are a couple of us holding our syringes ready to shoot!! =-) It was kind of weird to finally be doing something nurses really do, even though it's just giving shots it was almost like it made me realize that I'm moving down the path and even getting somewhere doing it! Oh it makes me so happy to be able to post pictures again, I felt like my blog was getting so boring. Not that it's the most exciting thing ever, but I always enjoy pictures. I am finally settled in my apartment, bed, dresser, bookcase, and all(thanks to my daddy, he's the best). It's a great feeling. Next post I'll try to get a picture of my cute room and apartment for you all to see. Just so all my friends and fam know I spent hours updating all my picture frames and pictures in my room today since all my pics are like 5 years or more outdated. Now all my pictures are mainly from the past year. I'm keeping busy with school and work. We pretty much have a test every week for nursing which means constant studying that makes my head want to explode sometimes. I've had some ups and downs in the past couple weeks that have been pretty trying, but overall I'm chugging along and doing well. I miss you all so much and am excited to keep posting!!! Love you all!

5 comments:

Kelsey said...

What a great post! I'm SO happy to hear that you have the internet now. I think that drive up flu shot is hilarious! It's almost as bad as the drive through liquor store in Holbrook. I'm also pleased that the picture of us is not my worst one ever. In fact, can you email it to me? I love you! I loved seeing you! I can't wait for our Christmas party. You have to come!

Angel said...

Your hair is looking super cute! Don't you just love it when you start giving shots and you think its the coolest thing ever! :) I'm sure it will get boring enough but even for me I'm always willing and happy to do it. It's actually something different from our PCT job allows. We miss you on 5th!

Ali said...

ANDRA! It's so nice to "see" you again! How cute are you? You seem like such a sweet fun aunt too- such cute pictures. I'm glad you can post pictures again too :)

Sarah said...

Trevin looks so old, crazy how fast time goes.

Stefanie Stephenson said...

What up chicka!!?? So you're still St. George-ing it huh? Those are some pretty impressive sunset pictures you've got there.
So Alese got married?? When did that happen? I need to contact that girl.
Well, whenever you're having a hard day down south, just remember...at least you speak the bloody language. :}