Friday, October 10, 2008

Late night update...

So it turns out the time for me to update on my blog seems to be at night, when I'm at work, and when I'm feeling like I'm about to fall asleep. I don't have much to update on, but I am in an apartment. It took weeks but I finally found one that was atleast close to my price range. I moved in last weekend. I have 2 roomates. One of them is in the nursing program with me and the other is in the dental hygiene program. We all have busy schedules and are always studying or working so we actually seem to see each other very seldom. They are super nice girls. I will be in this apartment until my family gets their condo situation worked out. It took weeks and weeks but things finally have worked out for my living arrangements. I still don't have my dresser yet so I'm living out of a couple of different bags. The closet isn't too big so it got filled pretty quick. I should be getting my dresser on saturday and once I get it organized I will take some pictures of my cute and typical college room for you all to see. Nothing exciting, but hey, it will get some more pictures on my blog.
So my momma is down this weekend playing softball in the senior world games. I went to their first game today and they are rockin!! Their team name is baby boomers and they are so great to watch. I will hopefully be able to make it to a couple of their games tomorrow.
School is going well. I scored the highest in the class on the cardiovascular test a week ago, I was so proud of myself. So far I have been doing really well and getting A's on my tests and quizzes. I gave a shot for the first time today and I was a little scared. I was so shakey at first, but luckily my lab partner wasn't scared and told me she trusted me completely....atleast one of us did. After I did it though, it seemed like no big deal. We were even lucky enough to give each other shots in the butt....I still have my little circle band-aid on. =-) I tried to find a picture of some syringes and post them but I'm still a little blogging retarded so I don't know how to get the random pictures of things off the internet, so any of you blogging experts, and many of my wonderful friends out there are, please feel free to give me tips on how to get pics from the internet onto my blog.
Ok, well, that's enough random updates for all of you. Once I get my room settled and organized I will post some pictures of it. So sorry that my blog has been so boring lately!! GO BABY BOOMERS( that ones for my momma, the rockin softball player)!!!!!

3 comments:

THE REBER FAMILY said...

I remember giving shots and starting an IV for the first time (SORRY LISA!) It was terrifying. Don't worry though....soon enough you'll be like the rest of us weirdos who love to poke veins! Good Luck!

Ali said...

Congrats on the test taking skills! Goes to show- experience pays off :) As far as getting pictures from the internet on your blog, just right click on a picture you find off of google images or wherever and "save pictures as...", and then save it temporarily on your desktop. Then just upload picture from google as you normally would selecting it from your desktop. Does that help? Did I understand you right? :)

Sarah said...

I'm not surprised you are doing so well. You've been a very dedicated student (since college, I still remember your high school ways). Good job though. Glad you found a place.