Monday, July 20, 2009

Death by Bike

So my mom bought herself this nice new bike and I've been meaning to get mine fixed so I could ride it. I've been really wanting to get outside and run or ride to get back into shape. So this morning I woke up and thought I would go and take a nice bike ride. It wasn't too hot outside, actually compared to St. George it was really nice, so I thought it wouldn't be so bad. As I started out I was fine, but into it about 30 minutes I felt a little fuzzy headed and thought I should head back home, something isn't right. FYI, my house is at the the foot of the mountain, so to get back to my house you must go up hill. Since I wasn't feeling very good I decided to walk it back part way up the hill. I jumped off the bike and started walking it. All of a sudden I got super dizzy and nausea and almost fell over, luckily, there was some grass so I sat, partly falling onto the grass, while still holding the bike. Pretty sure people passing by thought I was drunk. I had to lay down to stop my head from spinning and keeping from throwing up. Then I thought for a minute, when was the last time I had a drink of water, and I came to realize it had been more than a day and a half. I know, who goes that long without drinking water, i never thought it but I do I guess. I came to realize that I was so super dehydrated. Lucky me, I had no cell phone or anything. So I decided to walk the bike the rest of the way and I should be fine. Not so much. I would walk for a couple minutes and the spinning and dizziness, and nausea would come back so I would have to sit down again, and a couple times I fell cause I lost my balance from being so weak. I did this many times before finally making it home. I even had to sit in a huge thing of weeds. Luckily when I got home and got into the kitchen my dad was home so I collapsed on the kitchen floor because I didn't even have the energy to stay standing long enough to get water. He got me a powerade and I sat up and started guzzling it down. Now I'm sitting at my computer writing about it because I still don't have enough energy to stay standing long enough to shower. Sorry, no pictures of this exciting adventure. Two lessons, always take your cell phone so you don't die on the side of the road and two ALWAYS drink a lot of water....still not sure what I was thinking! I'm still amazed I didn't pass out, I was so close I felt like I was about to, but never did, probably because the whole time I was praying to Heavenly Father to just let me make it home safe, and luckily he did thank goodness. So none of you guys have to come to my funeral yet, maybe the next bike ride though! =-)

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

I'm glad I got to see you just before so that if you would have died I had my chance to say goodbye!

~Jeneece said...

seriously, you're retarded.

Alese said...

um....YOU didn't drink enough water? How could this be possible? Remember how many times you had to go to the bathroom in the MTC because you would drink like 6 huge bottles of water a day? WOW...I'm seriously in shock right now...