Saturday, July 18, 2009

Reflection....And a little update


So I must begin with these pictures from last summer. This is me and my fam with my dear great grandma witt. She past away last week and today was her funeral down in Venice Utah. After today I felt so privileged to be a part of this wonderful womans life. She was 99 years old and one of the most kind and loving people I have ever known and if I can be half the person she was I will be happy. At the end of the funeral service one of my uncles got up and said something about her that I had completely forgotten.....whenever you would go to see her the first words out of her mouth were...."Oh Happy Day!" She was always so excited to see you, and you knew that she loved and and that was the most incredible feeling. She always made you feel that way no matter what. She lived such an incredible life and was one of the most incredible women I have ever known, I hope that one day I can life up to the example my grandmother set for me. I spent many summers with her helping her cut quilt blocks and watching seven brides for seven brothers. I wish I could have spent more time with her, but she is in such a happy and peaceful place with her dear companion, my grandpa witt.



I promise I'm not trying to start this blog off all sad and stuff, she truly is in such a better place and I only miss her now for purely selfish reasons. I was talking to Daryl the other night and I was talking about how you miss things about people once they are gone. I thought to myself how we take so much advantage of what we have here in this life and don't realize it until they are gone. We take advantage of so many things around us it is so sad. I have so many happy memories with my grandma witt along with so many other people that I no longer see and others that have passed on. I am going to try so hard to appreciate and love people, just as my grandma witt did, because I'm almost positive that she never took people for granted, and she savored every minute with every person and made everyone she was around feel so loved, special, and cared about.



I also was able to see some wonderful family members and get some good pictures of people that I really do miss. I want to start with one of the best pictures taken....me and my sister... Yes, that is me trying to lick Jeneeces face, and not succeeding, and I have no words for Jeneeces face whatsoever, but it is classic!

Blakey, Me, Moog, and Marci.....my wonderful cousins that I haven't seen forever!


I was using the pillow to cover up, but they said I had to get rid of it, I was a little upset....



Me clutching on close to the pillow....fyi, the pillow really has no significance besides the fact they made me put it down....=-( and I just realized....i'm not sure what is going on with moog's face, we were really struggling taking pic's.....




Me and my cute little niece, Kiya Leanne, my namesake, but you can't see her super cute curls on her head in this picture.






Me, Mommy, and sissy at the luncheon
Moog, Aunt Launi, with antlers (which is why I put this pic up, we laughed so hard at it), and obviously me!
Moog, Marci, and Me....we are only missing shanna!
Blakey, Lindsey(his wife), Jaye, and me!
Us on the couch yet again, but we brought in Jeneece cause we love her!!!




So to update you on my summer, there isn't too much. I ended my last semester with a 3.88 GPA and was so excited, especially since I only have two more semesters left, thank goodness. I have had the summer off from school and have just been working. Daryl was in St. George since may up until the 4th of July due to his dad passing on the 3rd of May. It was a beautiful funeral and Daryl stayed around and helped his mom out and then we spent the week of the 4th out in california, but I didn't take any pictures....my bad. We did celebrate Daryls birthday while he was there, and he is gonna be so super excited about me putting this picture up, but hopefully he will forgive me....



Oh so cute....we celebrated my birthday also, but no pics of that, but we drove up to Orem and spent a couple of days with my fam which was nice. Other than that, the whole summer has been chilling and working, nothing else really....well that I can think of at the moment. I came up Thursday this last week though and was able to go to lunch with my girlfriends sarah and kels.....sorry sarah we took this pic at kels house....i will get one with you....but here is my cute kels.....

I just want to note that my hair is getting long....yea for me, I'm trying to grow it out again after I chopped it off the end of last year....us girls can never decide how we want it...oh well!

Well, I'm so proud of myself for getting on to update finally, it's been way to long, part of the problem is that I don't have internet and that makes it a little tough. So this entry is full of so many people I love, but is also missing so many others that I love.

I just want to end this post letting you all know how much I'm loving St. George right now....this was printed on my blog on a post back in September, but I felt it really gets the point across....

Subject: Moving to St. George...?May 30th: Just moved to St. George. Now this is a town that knows how to live!! Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings. What a place! It is beautiful. I've finally found my home. I love it here.June 14th: Really heating up. Got to 100 today. Not a problem. Live in an air-conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun everyday like this. I'm turning into a sun worshiper.June 30th: Had the backyard landscaped with western plants today. Lots of cactus and rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more mowing the lawn for me. Another scorcher today, but I love it here.July 10th: The temperature hasn't been below 100 all week. How do people get used to this kind of heat? At least it's kind of windy though. However, getting used to the heat is taking longer than I expected.July 15th: Fell asleep by the community pool. (Got 3rd degree burns over 60% of my body). What a dumb thing to do. I learned my lesson though. Got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.July 20th: I missed Lomita (my cat) sneaking into the car when I left this morning. By the time I got to the hot car at noon, Lomita had died and swollen up to the size of a shopping bag and stank up the upholstery. The car now smells like baked cat. I learned my lesson though. No more pets in this heat.July 25th: The wind sucks. It feels like a giant freaking blow dryer!! And it's hot as hell. The home air-conditioner is on the fritz and the AC repairman charged $200 just to drive by and tell me he needed to order parts. I'm gonna kill the next guy that says; but it's a dry heat! Yeah, so's a freakin' oven!July 30th: Been sleeping outside on the patio for 3 nights now. $425,000 house and I can't even go inside. Why did I ever come here?Aug. 4th: It's 115 degrees. Finally got the air-conditioner fixed today. It cost $500 and gets the temperature all the way down to 85. I hate this stupid town.Aug. 8th: If another wise person cracks, 'Hot enough for you today?'I'm going to strangle him. Damn heat. By the time I get to work the radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking wet, and I smell like baked cat!!Aug. 9th: Tried to run some errands after work. Wore shorts, and when I sat on the seats in the car, I thought my butt was on fire. I lost 2 layers of flesh and all the hair on the back of my legs. Now my car smells like burnt hair and baked cat.Aug 10th:The weather report might as well be a darn recording. Hot and sunny Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny. It's been too hot to do much for 2 months and the weatherman says it might really warm up next week. Doesn't it ever rain in this damn desert? Water rationing will be next, so my $1700 worth of cactus will just dry up and blow over. Even the cactus can't live in this heat.Aug. 14th: Welcome to HELL! Temperature got to 115 today. Forgot to crack the window and blew the windshield out of the car. The installer came to fix it and said, Hot enough for you today? My sister had to spend $1500 to bail me out!

And that my friends is St. George.....oh do I love it....and just for the record my car AC is on the fritz, not a good thing! Well, I better post my super long blog and hope some people out there really read it, hope to get internet and update soon!!!!

PS Joyce, this one goes out to you!!!!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Only two semesters left! That's so great! I hope it has been fun at least some of the time! Sorry about your grandma. What a thing, to live to be 99, that's a great life! Your hair looks great! (It always does!) Why does it feel like we just saw each other?

Sarah said...

I just saw you but your hair looks darker in these pictures. You better get your ac fixed it or will be like old times driving around in your honda with back tacos.

angelmom said...

cute!
love,
joyce