Friday, August 22, 2008

Hiking!

I love the outdoors!!! Jeremy, Emily, Brannick, and myself decided to take a backpacking trip up to the high uintas, and boy was it beautiful. We of course all looked great, so here are some of the pictures of our fun overnight trip.

Emily and Brannick
All of us ready to head out! My pack is monstrous, I took Emily out with it atleast once, the first little bit of walking Emily and Brannick kept laughing at how big my pack was....it just shows how tough I am....right...?
Emily and I allready for our hike, Emily is all ready for the sun with her hiking hat!
Ok, so this picture will forever make me laugh. On the way up Brannick was talking about his nice fishing poles and Jeremy was saying he's to scared to bring his nice ones up here in case they were to break. Emily was out for a nice fish, had a nice cast and noticed, wait, something is wrong here....she started reeling in her pole and noticed whole top of the pole had flown off into the lake. Her face was priceless, she felt so horrible, but I couldn't stop laughing. So here she is with half a pole.

Emily with her blinding head lamp and roasting marshmallows, a must when camping!
I was freezing cold, so I went for the old stylish sock and sandal look!

Here we are eating the brook trout and cutthroat they caught for breakfast, it was sooooo delicious!!!





Here we are heading back out of the mountains the next day!
Jeremy and I in front of Weir Lake.



Emily posing in front of Weir Lake.
Emily and Brannick!
Jeremy and Brannick.
Emily and I!
This is a view of one of the first lakes we went by, Long Lake. It was so beautiful up there, it's just amazing to see it. We passed a whole bunch of different lakes and we also lost the trail and did a little off roading if you will. Brannick was determined to go swimming, but none of us were willing to get in. Overall, this was a great trip. I was sick all night and most of the morning though unfortunately, I threw up and felt like death had come over me. By the time we hiked back out though I had gotten it out of my system. It was a good trip, and loved the beauty of it and the feel of being in the outdoors.





3 comments:

Ali said...

You guys are too cute. What a fun group this looks like! I'm glad you got to do one big trip before you moved!

Connie and Brandon said...

This looks like a super duper fun packing trip. You guys are hard core as well- you actually ate the brook trout you caught. That means someone had to gut it. I am all about packing trips but not eating the fish I catch. I will bring top ramen on my trips.

Kelsey said...

We're jealous. Spencer planned a big backpacking trip to the same place for this summer, but the baby came so it got canceled. You know your pack is only supposed to be a small percentage of your body weight right? It looks to me like you were taking up a body to bury.