Monday, August 25, 2008

Will I really survive this?!?!?

Ok, so this is going to just be a short little blog, with no pictures...I know, not as fun. Well I've made it down here to the desert and am pretty much settled in, not fully, but close enough to survive. I came down Saturday and spent the weekend unpacking and taking it easy. Today (Monday) was a long day and wish allready the semester were over....just 17 weeks to go....wahoo! So I've decided they think they need to lay the most on you your first semester to see if you can survive it....seriously, I wanted to poke my eyes out after orientation meeting. I sat there thinking the whole time, "is this really possible to fit all of this in in one semester while working....I'm never going to get sleep..." I had all the usual thoughts of why am I doing this....can I quit now.....what was I thinking.....!! I came home, had a little cry, said a little prayer and thought, don't know how, but this is all going to work out. Soon after work called and added another thing for me to add to my virtually unbendable school schedule. I decided the nursing program wants to make it seem as hard as they possibly can. Also, get this, we are split into different groups for labs and clincals....so some people have 2 weeks to get all their labs done to start clinicals, pretty hefty and they have to read 129 pages from their texts by tonight.....I know...seriously, I'm glad I'm not in that group. The girl sitting next to me this whole time unfortunately was in that group and I gave her a great deal of sympathy. She was super nice and is my first official friend that I have made down here, YEA for me!!! We'll I really have so much to do it's ridiculous, I feel like I can't even think of it all.....my head hurts....well, all of you please keep me in your prayers, because boy do I need it right now. It's so weird to also be living alone, i'm not sure what to think about it all yet, but it seems like I won't even have a chance to think about it. I must go, but I'm here, safe and sound and kickin.....kind of....love you all!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

hahahaha! welcome to nursing school! I really actually miss it. However, I never really studied as much as I should have. and what is this reading of text that you speak of? Don't knock yourself out. You're a smart girl and you'll learn how to "read" what you need to in order to get your information. Skim is a skill you will quickly develop. Just involve the Lord and he'll guide you in your studies so you learn what you need to learn. Congrats! You're a real nursing student! Love ya girlie! Hang in there!

Kelsey said...

Oh babe you're going to make it through, I know it! It sounds like you'll be way busy, but it's bound to be rewarding. I'm glad you took the time to blog so I know that I should worry. I love you babe!

Sarah said...

You can do it. The first week is always the worst then things seem a little better as time goes on. I still haven't talked to Chantel so if you see her on campus tell her to call. Talk to you soon.