Monday, July 21, 2008

New Babies....and my fear of motherhood....




Ok, so I love newborn babies, they are just so precious and so incredibly beautiful it is amazing to see them. One of my bestest friends just had her second baby and see she is soooo beautiful. Isn't it amazing to just think how innocent these little things are. So I have to come realize from all my friends having babies what it is that I am really scared of. I know having a little baby will be soooo hard, and little kids also will test my patients as much as humanly possible. What I have come to realize is that there are two main things that I'm scared of when I think of becoming a mom. First of all, giving labor. I have had nightmares about this and boy does it scared me to go through labor itself. Next, having teenagers. I know this sounds so weird but I'm not terrified of them being babies or little kids but I when they grow up and they keep you up worrying all night about where they are, they get rebellious, and they can get themselves into real trouble. I think of myself as a teenager and get terrified. I know for most this may be true, but boy does it scare me. Can't I just keep them until that age and them give them back? I know I will adore them by then but this is definitely the age range that scares me the most. I just hope that I can be a good mom. Anyways, back to what is important....Isn't Kelsey's little fam sooooo cute!!!

It's so great to me to see my friends having babies and seeing there sweet little families grow. One day my blog will be about a family of my own. Until then others babies will be posted from time to time.



I love you Kels!! You are a beautiful mom! To all my other friends and family who are moms or are going to be, I love you all and know that all of you are amazing and beautiful women and the worlds best moms. I love you all so much and look up to each and everyone of you for different and specific reasons. Keep up the good work!!

4 comments:

THE REBER FAMILY said...

sooo jealous that you've seen that baby!

Kelsey said...

You posted about my baby before I did. What's with that! I did just make my huge post about the new baby, go and read what I said about natural birth at the end. Labor really is nothing to be scared of. That's what drugs are for. As for teenagers, you just have to ignore that your kids will grow up until you get there. And quite frankly I think it's why people have more then one, you start to miss when they were smaller so you have another so you can go through all the fun stages again.

Stephanie said...

Andra!!! I didn't even know you had a blog! Thank you for commenting on mine so I could fund you. And what a beautiful post! I am terrified of the teenage years as well. Can't they just learn from our mistakes and be perfect? I sure love you Andra. And I LOVE that you have a blog. I'll check back often.

Stephanie said...

A little ironic that my typo was fund instead of find because of you most recent post. Maybe it's a sign I need to give you money in your little cup! :)