Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My summer.....to this point...


Ok, so this summer has been full of family time and work mainly! The family time was the best. It was the first time since being home from my mission that I really have had some real family time (except we were missing my one brother Adam, if you're reading this I love you and miss you and am praying for you in Iraq). So Really, what it comes down to is that fact that I have TONS of pictures and I want to show them off. I mainly have pics of my beautiful nieces and nephews! We started off going to visity my great grandmother who is 99 years old and she has lead an amazing life. She is such a special and wonderful women who has lead a long and beautiful life. Next, we headed to St. George for another brief stop, where I must add was hotter than crap, 110 degrees! I thought I was going to melt! I have to post this just for my cute little niece, but she was insistant on us wearing matching camo shorts!!


Isn't she just the cutest,(or one of the cutest, I have other nieces and nephews just as adorable) thing in the world!!!
Here in St. George my nephew was baptized before we headed out to Disneyland. I know I allready posted about Disneyland, but boy do I love it and it truly is one of the greatest places in the world!!! I was so tired and exhausted, but ready to keep going! And boy do I love the chocolate covered bananas! It was so sad to leave! (Neece, for some reason I don't really have any pics of you and your fam.....no good!) Also along with this trip was beach and a brief stop in vegas on the way back home! We kept ourselves very very busy the whole time!! If any of you have the chance, hit the shark aquarium at the Mandalay Bay in vegas, it was awesome, little pricey (but what isn't these days), but good!













Next we had a little break until My brother and his family came back through. This next time though we just spend doing family things and celebrating birthdays for nieces. One of my nieces, Hawley had a birthday that seemed to last for days since we kept doing things for her, but boy was it fun. We played a little family game of kickball that was a total blast! I haven't playedthat since elementary school and it was awesome.
It was hotter than crap, but so fun for all!! For those of you, (especially my family) if you look close at this pic you know exactly what I am doing!






We also went to a fun little place called Jump On It! Awesome for kids, exhausting for adults. It's just a building of tramps all put together. I never realized how hard it is to keep breathing and jumping. I was done after about 5 minutes, yet my little nieces and nephews went for a straight hour and were ready for more. My brother and I thought we were going to die by the end. I even got injured. While playing a wicked game of freeze tag my toe got caught on a spring and almost ripped it off.




At that point, I was done! Sorry, no pic of that, wouldn't want to gross anyone out!! It turns out little kids fly across these tramps like mesquitos on water. Yet, my brother and I lob from tramp to tramp because we weigh so much more. It was pretty funny to watch the difference.


We also took a nice drive up the canyon by the blazing fire at bridal veil, which let me add a quick annoyance......people who play with fire and start forest fires.....I just want to say, really, how retarded are you?!?!!? get some sense and grow up!! Anyways, enough of that. We went and got super yummy shakes at Granny's drive in up in Heber.







We also enjoyed a lot of pool fun! A good way to keep cool and keep the kids entertained enough to give you some peace for a little bit!

You always need to have a little bit of chicken fighting! We hit the pool a couple of times!!!

<




Our last day was a BLAST!!!! We spent it up at the Park City Ski Resort. We went down the Alpine Slide and rode the Coaster, which was sooooo awesome! The coaster is just a mini roller coaster in the mountains on a little sled, so fun! We ended the day taking lots of fun pictures with all of us. You'll notice the BYU apparel, (which my sister-in-law and I tend to match, flip flops, shirts, pants.....we have good taste) which we bought earlier that day at the pricey BYU bookstore. I have so many pictures that I wanted to post that I didn't even know which ones to choose. I have so many more and so many other things that we did! We did eat a lot and not very healthy so I think all of us packed on a few extra pounds. Well, I better close now that I posted all these great pics! Enjoy them, sorry they aren't better labeled. I just had so many I wanted up I didn't know where to start! The summer is flying by way to fast and it is almost over which makes me soooo sad. I feel like I have had a great summer with my family. So many other things have happened that I really wouldn't know where to start. I still have a couple weeks left, but it will be full of preparation for moving. Though, this summer will be one to remember!! And a little P.S. I'm still working on this whole blog thing, so sorry if it isn't very creative or organized, I'm still figuring all of it out! To all my family, I love you all so much and wish we were closer more often! Know that I'm thinking about all of you daily and love you soooo much!!!!!!

3 comments:

Our Story said...

Hello! I am so glad I found your blog! It sounds like you have had a fun busy summer! Good luck in St. George!

Kelsey said...

Fun fun! I love family time. I want to play kickball!

Ali said...

Your Grandma looks really sweet. I hope you got some of those longevity jeans...you'd be a sweet old Grandma like that I bet :) Whoa, it's late, what kind of a comment is that? But really, great pictures!! Your family looks fun :)